Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dirty Monies

Talk about a super strange week! Jeff was traveling and all three of the kids were visiting family. I actually found myself with some extended time alone. Completely unheard of! While I definitely enjoyed the strange experience of finding everything in the house just as I had left it, I also began to notice a dull ache that took up residence in my heart. It definitely felt like something important was missing. It was particularly obvious when I got to spend some time on the phone with my 5-year-old. She affectionately shared, “Mommy, I miss you so much that I am going to surprise you when I see you! With pictures and money from the ground cuz I found three monies!” My heart leapt at her little expression of love. As I delighted in her cuteness, I was reminded of the strange bind of being a mommy. I LONG for space to breath, and yet as soon as I get it, I am thrilled bythoughts of dirty monies.

No comments:

Post a Comment