Thursday, December 30, 2010

What's wrong with this picture???


It’s December 30th – five days past Christmas.  Christmas... You know the day where kids are up to their eyeballs in gifts.  Our kids are no different.  They have three sets of grandparents, nearly a dozen aunts and uncles, and a handful of cousins.  All who are thoughtful and generous.  And then they have a mom.  In spite of the abundance of love to go around (material and otherwise), year after year, I find myself traipsing all over town in search of those special things that each of my children have named on their lists.  Although I love to surprise my children with special treats, I always feel a degree of ambivalence as my heart questions, “Is it a bit much?”  After spending hours in the kids’ rooms making space for all their new treasures, this is what I found my three year old doing this morning:
I give up.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment